Application deadlines are November 1 for Winterim travel and April 1 for Summer travel. Selection committee will make its decision shortly after deadlines and will notify the winner via email.
The recipient shall be chosen by the Global Studies Scholarship Selection Committee using the following selection criteria (based on the time of application):
- Student must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at UW-Green Bay;
- Student must be participating in a short-term study abroad trip (2-3 weeks in duration) outside of the United States that is led by a UW-Green Bay faculty member (preference given to those participating in a trip led by a Global Studies faculty member);
- Student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of a 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale);
- Student must complete a two-page essay detailing financial need, describing the short-term study abroad opportunity, and highlighting the benefits of the proposed trip to the student. A resume (or CV) must also be submitted to the selection committee.
- The scholarship shall be given semi-annually as funding permits, with $300 available during the Winterim and $300 in the Summer session.
Please email all the required materials (essay and cv) to Katia Levintova, chair of Global Studies (email@example.com).