Scholarships are offered each spring to qualifying Communication majors who meet the specified criteria. The scholarship application procedure is below.
|Green Bay Media Scholarship||Up to $600 is typically awarded to one student who is a sophomore, junior or senior interested in areas highlighted in the attached link.|
|Craig A. Mueller Communication Scholarship||Individual student scholarships range from $500-$1,000, depending on the relative strengths of candidates.|
|Althea Steele Lederer Scholarship||Up to $350 is typically awarded to one student majoring in either art or journalism with preference given to those who are physically disabled.|
|Ralph R. Stein Memorial Scholarship||Up to $200 is typically awarded to one student majoring in Communication.|
|Laura Hollingsworth Scholarship in Communication||Up to $1500 is typically awarded to one student majoring in Communication.|
*Click on links for more information.
Scholarships Application Procedure
- Successful applications include the following four items in one Microsoft Word document:
- Only applications received before 5 p.m. on March 31 will be considered. Scholarship applicants will be notified in April:
- Log into D2L: http://www.uwgb.edu/ltc/d2l/
- Click on self registration on the top left of the screen.
- Choose "COMMUNICATION SCHOLARSHIPS," and follow on-screen registration directions.
- Click on the dropbox link at the top, then choose the folder "Scholarships, Spring 20XX" (choose appropriate year).
- Upload your Word document to this folder.
- You are done!
Expectations for Students Who Receive a Scholarship
Students who are awarded a scholarship can use the funds to satisfy their education needs. For example, to pay for tuition. Students awarded funds are also required to:
- Attend an informal scholarship reception near the end of the spring semester.
- Send a gracious handwritten card thanking the scholarship sponsor (information provided after students receive an award).
- Participate in a service activity for the Communication department
during the Spring semester. Examples of these are:
- Serving as a teaching assistant, research assistant, Communication department PR representative, Communication department ambassador or completing a special project of service to the Communication department.
- Attend the university-wide Chancellor's Named Scholarship Reception scheduled in the Fall. Students who receive scholarships mingle with donors and professors. It is a special day where we celebrate our great students!
For Additional Information
Contact Professor Adolfo Garcia, 920-465-5042 / email@example.com.