Get the latest information on flu locally, the university, or world-wide through the CDC. Find out what the best precautions are and how to protect yourself.
Flu clinic is Oct. 31, 2011
Interested in being immunized to protect yourself this flu season? The Counseling and Health Center is holding its annual Flu Clinic on Monday October 31st, from 1 to 3 p.m. Open to all members of the campus community. Bring your UW-Green Bay ID card to Room 1400 of the Student Services Building. The cost is $20 for employees, $15 for students. Cash, check or Passpoints are accepted.
While getting vaccinated is the #1 thing you can do to prevent the flu, here are additional steps you can take to prevent the flu.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
- Sneeze into a tissue into the bend of your arm instead of your hands.
- If you are sick, stay home as much as possible except for medical care.
- Take antiviral medication if your doctor prescribes it.
- If you have questions, call our Counseling and Health center at 920-465-2380 and ask to talk with a nurse.
We accept cash, check or passpoints ONLY
COST WILL BE:
$15 FOR UWGB STUDENTS
$20 FOR UWGB FACULTY AND STAFF
YOU MUST BRING YOUR UWGB I.D. WITH YOU
THE COUNSELING AND HEALTH CENTER, SS 1400.
For further information go to www.cdc.gov "free flu resources"
- The Flu: What To Do If You Get Sick
- CDC Says Take 3 Actions To Fight The Flu
- Keep Yourself and Others Healthy! Stop Germs
- http://emergency.uwgb.edu (UWGB Public Safety Emergency Site)
- Action Steps for Students, Faculty, and Staff to Prevent the Spread of Flu (PDF)
- Letter to campus (PDF)
- The Flu I.Q. Quiz
Hand sanitizer locations on campus:
- Counseling & Health Office, SS 1400
- Two locations in the University Union Cloud commons and the entrance to Phoenix Club
- Cofrin Library near the computer kiosk in the Garden
- Cofrin Library 3rd floor reference lab
- IS 1129 general computer access lab
- MAC Hall between MAC 120 and MAC 122
- Wood Hall WH 321
- Dean of Students Office
View Hand Sanitizer locations at UWGB in a larger map
All Students and staff are encouraged to keep their own supply of hand sanitizer readily available.