What is Disability Services?

The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is committed to providing equal educational opportunities for all students. Students who have disabilities are offered a variety of services to ensure that both facilities and programs on our campus are accessible. Disability Services assists students in obtaining reasonable academic accommodations at the university.

Who can use Disability Services?

Any student with a documented disability (e.g. ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Acquired Brain Injury, PTSD, Physical, Sensory, Psychological, or Learning Disability) who needs to arrange academic accommodations may go to the Disability Services webpage (https://www.uwgb.edu/ds/) and click on the ACCESS link provided there.

What information do I need to provide Disability Services in order to receive accommodations?

Any student who requests accommodations through Disability Services will have to provide documentation of their disability. Typically, we ask that documentation is no more than three years old. Documentation can be in the form of an evaluation report from your school psychologist, a report from your physician, psychologist or psychiatrist. Please refer to the section labeled Documentation Forms provided under Getting Started on the left menu bar for further details on documentation guidelines. Documentation must be submitted through ACCESS when the student registers.

What is the first step in the accommodation process?

Students will go to the Disability Services webpage (https://www.uwgb.edu/ds/) and begin registration using the ACCESS link button provided. For more details, refer to the Getting Started tab on the left side of the DS webpage.

I think I may have a disability, but I am not sure. Does your office provide evaluations?

Disability Services does not provide evaluations for disabilities. If you believe, you may have a disability you will need to seek a treating professional. We may be able to give you some recommendations.

What laws protect college students with disabilities?

College students are protected under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.

Will my transcripts indicate that I used accommodations as a student while attending school?

No, your transcripts will never show that you were a student with a disability that used accommodations through Disability Services. All information provided to Disability Services remains confidential unless you sign written permission for us to share that information.