Housing Accommodations

Federal regulations require that the Disability Services Office have on file documentation of disability and eligibility for services before any services are provided.

Accessible Housing

Students may request accessible housing (either a single or double occupancy room) due to a medical condition or disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). To make such a request, degree-seeking students must register with Disability Services, please use the ACCESS link found on front page. Documentation will be reviewed by appropriate University personnel (including but not limited to: a Health Services professional, a counselor at the Counseling Center, or the coordinator for Disability Services). In conjunction with Residence Life staff, a decision will be made to provide or not to provide the requested space. While all attempts are made to honor approved requests for medical/ADA singles, they are subject to space availability.

The above process is in place to ensure fairness in determining approval for room assignments and room accommodations as deemed appropriate, considering individual case-by-case situations.

Incoming Students

Students seeking accessible housing are encouraged to do so by mid-June, as room assignments are finalized by early July.

Returning Students

Returning students seeking accessible housing should contact Disability Services before Spring room selection. Regardless of a desire to reside in accessible housing, students with disabilities, which impede life activities should plan to register with Disability Services.

*Housing residents with family members/friends who need accommodations while visiting UWGB housing facilities should contact the Office of Residence Life at 920.465.2040 or housing@uwgb.edu.

Documentation Criteria