Housing Accommodations


To ensure that reasonable accommodations can be provided, please make requests at least 8 weeks prior to the start of the semester.

Federal regulations require that the Disability Services Office have on file documentation of disability and eligibility for services before any services are provided.  All communication regarding any housing accommodations will be managed through the office of Residence Life.

Accessible Housing

Students may request accessible housing due to a documented disability defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). To make such a request, students must register with Disability Services, please use the HOUSING ACCOMMODATION APPLICATION link found the GB ACCESS page. Documentation will be reviewed by appropriate University personnel to determine whether the request will be granted. While all attempts are made to honor approved requests, they are subject to space availability.  The above process is in place to ensure fairness in determining approval for room assignments and room accommodations as deemed appropriate, considering individual case-by-case situations.

Student housing at UW-Green Bay is located adjacent to academic and recreational facilities and is connected to main campus by paved walk-ways, which are equipped with curb cuts, emergency telephones and lighting. Other accessible housing features include:

  • Kitchen modifications
  • Strobe fire alarm systems
  • Automatic door openers
  • Walk-in showers
  • Front-load washers/dryers
Incoming Students

Students seeking accessible housing are encouraged to seek out their requests prior to signing their housing contract. 

Returning Students

Returning students seeking accessible housing should contact Residence Life before annual room selection.  

Documentation Criteria

Medical Documentation for Housing Accommodation


Emotional Support Animals (ESA)

Although it is the policy of UW-Green Bay that individuals are generally prohibited from having animals of any type in University housing, under the Fair Housing Act, UW-Green Bay has adopted the ESA Policy

UWGB Emotional Support Animal Policy OP-42-16-1.

After reviewing the ESA policy and procedures for an ESA to reside in University housing and you want to start the review process, please apply for Disability Services through the HOUSING ACCOMMODATION APPLICATION link found on the  GB ACCESS page.  Once your application is submitted, you will need to complete and upload the ESA Housing Request Form to GB ACCESS.

Once all of the materials are received, the Director of Disability Services will notify student of the next Housing Accommodations Review Committee meeting.

It is recommended all requests are made at least eight weeks prior to the start of the semester.  Reviews that occur once the term begins, may be considered for the next term.

Medical Documentation for ESA

Medical Documentation for ESA 

Please have your treating professional complete and return the form directly to Disability Services via email dis@uwgb.edu or fax 920-465-2191.

After reviewing the policy, all students requesting this accommodation must complete the registration process through the Housing Accommodations Application.