"Every profession bears the responsibility to understand the circumstances that enable its existence." ― Robert Gutman
The Environmental Management and Business Institute (EMBI) was established in August 2008, and helps strengthen the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay’s leadership position in the promotion of environmental awareness and eco-friendly initiatives.
Make your degree greener!
Business leaders are looking for employees that understand sustainable strategies and can introduce or extend environmentally friendly practices at their companies. Our certificate program provides you with an overview of environmental sustainability concepts and how to apply them in a business context.
Earth Caretaker Award
This year's Earth Caretaker is Dave Kriebel, co-director of the Lowell Center for Sustainable Production. He specializes in the epidemiology of occupational injuries, cancer, and certain respiratory diseases; works to refine the use of quantitative exposure data in epidemiology; and to better advise decision-makers on health and environmental policy.
News stories in Inside
- Photos: Kriebel honored with sustainability award
March 25, 2015
- Kriebel receives sixth annual Earth Caretaker Award
March 25, 2015
- Kriebel to receive sixth annual Earth Caretaker Award
March 11, 2015
- That’s a wrap: Students keep ton of plastic bags out of waste stream
February 24, 2015
- ‘Well-connected’ Weyenberg tapped as inaugural Cofrin Executive-in-Residence
February 3, 2015