Why Write a Thesis?
Regardless of whether you plan to ultimately pursue a PhD, or to enter the workforce, ES&P’s thesis-based experience provides our students with several tangible advantages over their peers.
- project development and management skills
- a close working relationship with a faculty advisor and committee members
- networking opportunities with public and private sector project partners
- practical and demonstrated problem solving skills
- enhanced written and quantitative skills
- opportunities for mentoring student workers and project volunteers
Theses also allow you the opportunity for in depth study of a topic of strong personal interest, and in doing so students contribute directly to solving critical environmental challenges while contributing new empirical knowledge in the fields of Environmental Science & Policy.