support, success, determination, opportunities, independence, encouragement, beneficial, guidance, attainable, connections, future
The Professional Program in Education recognized seven Outstanding Alumni at the Celebration of Achievement on May 9, 2012. Alumni receiving awards were (from left to right): Marcy Levine for Teaching, Janice Haven and Julie Brilli for Leadership and Service, Ben Markowski as New Educator, Carolyn Bicoy for Preservice Teaching, Stacy TeStroote for Student Teaching, and Jamie Froh for Excellence in Education.
- Discounted or Free Green Bay Metro Bus Transportation for UWGB Students
- University of Wisconsin Credit Union (full service credit union located ON the UWGB campus in the University Union available to students and non-students)
- Fostering Futuremakers (a collaborative group of educators from the 3 area colleges (UW-Green Bay, St. Norbert College, and NWTC) with the mission “to recognize and promote talent and contributions of foster care youth by creating supportive educational opportunities to serve as a platform for future life success.) Program offers a Summer Camp for high school students in a foster care setting each June or July. The UW-Green Bay contact for this program is Deanne Kusserow.
- Foster Youth to College (FYC) advisory group (a state-wide group of higher education professionals working with child welfare professionals and the WI Department of Children and Families to plan and devise approaches to address the educational challenges faced by foster youth, and to begin to minimize or eliminate the barriers.) The UW-Green Bay contact for this program is Deanne Kusserow.
- Independent Living for Children in Out-of-Home Care (another service and program of the WI Department of Children and Families to aid youth who are aging out of care)
- Northeast Wisconsin Partnership for Children and Families (this UW-Green Bay department provides training for child welfare professionals and licensed Foster Parents). Located in Rose Hall.