Additional Campus Student FAQ's

Under the UW System restructuring effective in July 2018, UW-Marinette, UW-Manitowoc and UW-Sheboygan are now additional campuses of UW-Green Bay. The year ahead will be filled with transition and questions as we become a unified university with four campuses. This information is designed as a tool to help students navigate changes in the areas of Registration, Financial Aid, Admissions and Billing.

Quick Links


How can I take classes at another location (Fall 2019 and beyond)?

All registrations beginning with the Fall 2019 registration cycle take place in UW-Green Bay Student Information System (SIS), allowing students to self-select any courses at any campus location. additional students wanting to take courses offered by the Green Bay campus should talk with their advisor.

Can I complete all of my Bachelor’s degree credits at a additional location?
There are some Bachelor’s degree programs available at each of the locations. Please reach out to your Academic Advisor for more information.

Will I have to earn my Bachelor’s Degree, or can I still graduate with my Associate’s?
Yes, you can graduate with an Associate’s Degree and choose to move into your career or continue on toward earning your Bachelor’s Degree.

Should I complete my Associate’s Degree before I transfer to the Green Bay Campus/pursue a Bachelor’s Degree?
You should work with your advisor to determine the best path to your degree.

Will all of my credits from a additional campus location still count towards my degree?
All earned credits will be applied or transferred.

Where will I get my additional transcripts? Will I have to submit them to the Green Bay campus when I am ready to transition?
You may obtain your official transcript by submitting a request online. The University of Wisconsin Colleges partners with Credentials Inc. to accept transcript orders over the Internet at: Students already enrolled at the additional campuses during the 2018-19 academic year in and who enroll in SIS for Fall 2019 do not have to submit transcripts to the Green Bay campus. Students transferring to any other institution other than UW-Green Bay will need to request transcripts using the link above.

I attended other two-year UW Schools (i.e.- UW Fox Valley). How do I get those transcripts?
You may obtain your official transcript by submitting a request online. The University of Wisconsin Colleges partners with Credentials Inc. to accept transcript orders over the Internet at:

Where will I receive my diploma from?
Effective July 1, 2018 UW-Marinette, UW-Manitowoc and UW-Sheboygan became additional campus locations of UW-Green Bay. All additional campus diplomas will come from UW-Green Bay.

What happens if I enroll in a class at the wrong location?
You are responsible for the course(s) you enroll in. If you have questions, please speak with your advisor.

Can I take an English as a Second Language (ESL) course at Marinette if I am not a Marinette Campus student?
Starting Fall 2019, you will have the option to take courses at all four campus locations if you meet the course requisites for the course.

Will I be eligible to take study abroad courses with the Green Bay campus?
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay encourages all students, regardless of which campus they attend class, to consider study abroad. Program opportunities may have different eligibility requirements based upon specific course objectives or prerequisite competencies needed for success. Those considering study abroad can review all participation requirements by visiting and exploring the “destinations” tab.

I want to take all my classes/switch to the Green Bay campus. How do I do that? 
You will work with your current advisor to go through the process , which will include having a Green Bay location advisor assigned to help you through the process.
I want to register for a class at the Green Bay location. How can I do that? 
Work with your advisor at your current location to get the necessary permission in SIS.
Can I take online classes? 
Of course! Please work with your advisor at your home location to get the necessary permission in SIS.

Back to the Top

Financial Aid

How and when do I start getting my financial aid from UW-Green Bay?
Students enrolled at UW-Green Bay campuses in Marinette, Manitowoc or Sheboygan will complete the 2019-20 FAFSA and use UW-Green Bay’s school code (003899) in the school section of the FAFSA. This will allow UW-Green Bay to process your financial aid beginning with the Fall 2019 semester.

How does Summer financial aid work?
Summer financial aid is a bit different than the academic year. Because the summer term actually occurs over two financial aid years (July 1st begins a new financial aid year), your aid eligibility for the term will depend on the timing of your courses as well as other factors. Funds received in the summer will likely affect aid eligibility for the academic year. Please reach out directly to Financial Aid with specific questions ( or 920-465-2111)

I’ve already filed my 2019-20 FAFSA, but I didn’t include UW-Green Bay’s school code. How do I fix that?
Your 2019-20 FAFSA application must include UW-Green Bay’s school code (003899) in order for you to receive financial aid for the Fall 2019 semester and beyond. Go to, Log In, and navigate to the school section of the 2019-20 FAFSA. Enter 003899 – University of Wisconsin-Green Bay. Submit your corrected FAFSA, and we will receive it within a week.

Who do I contact about financial aid questions I have?
There are a lot of financial aid resources available to you. First, be sure to check UW-Green Bay’s Financial Aid website ( for information on costs, types of aid, steps in the financial aid process, etc. Still have questions? Call the Financial Aid Office at 920-465-2075 to speak with one of our GBOSS (Green Bay One Stop Shop) staff or email

How/when do I apply for scholarships?
The Office of Financial Aid maintains a Scholarship website that includes a variety of opportunities. Eligible New Freshmen and Continuing Students attending any campus location are encouraged to apply for scholarships through the Office of Financial Aid before the priority application date of February 15 each year. More information is to come regarding local scholarships at the additional locations.

Am I eligible for scholarships from the Green Bay Campus even if I attend a additional campus?
Yes. Eligible New Freshmen and Continuing Students attending any campus location are encouraged to apply for scholarships through the Office of Financial Aid before the priority application date of February 15 each year.

I received some scholarships from my high school/community. Where do I bring the check or have it sent to?
If the scholarship is for the Fall 2019 semester or later, you can forward the check to:

UW-Green Bay, Bursar
2420 Nicolet Drive
Green Bay, WI 54311

If the check is written to both you AND UW-Green Bay, you’ll need to endorse the check in order for UW-Green Bay to apply it to your balance due.

I have maxed out the credits covered by financial aid for my Associate’s Degree. Now that the additional campuses are part of a four-year school, will I be eligible again?
No, you would not be eligible if you continue seeking an Associate’s Degree. The maximum attempted credits are based on the degree you are seeking, not the school.

When does my financial aid get disbursed?
UW-Green Bay will work directly with the Department of Education to have financial aid funds sent directly to us to cover your charges. This can happen as early as two business days before the start of the semester. Any refund generated after all charges have been covered is available two business days after the aid has posted to your student account. If any verification items remain uncompleted, or new borrowers have not completed the necessary loan requirements, aid will not disburse.
What if I have a past due balance from when I was a student at UW-Sheboygan, UW-Marinette, or UW-Manitowoc?
It depends when your balance is from. Please reach out to the Bursar’s Office for more information.

Back to the Top


Does my tuition change for my additional?
The tuition rate for classes at the additional locations will not change. Upper level courses (regardless of campus location), or in-person courses taken at the Green Bay location, will be charged at the Baccalaureate rate. If a student takes courses at more than one location, each location will have a separate tuition plateau.

If a Bachelor’s Degree is offered at a additional campus will I have to pay more for the upper level courses?
Effective Fall 2019 term, course levels 300+ and higher at ALL UW-Green Bay campus locations will be at the baccalaureate per credit tuition rate.

Will I have more than one bill if I take classes at more than one location?
No. All of your tuition and fees will appear on your SIS account.

How can I make payments?
You can select whichever Payment Method works best for you.

What are tuition charges?
The most up to date information on tuition and fees can be seen on the Undergraduate Fee Schedule.

What options do you have for a Payment Plan?
Accounts that have not been paid by the term due date (10th day of classes) will be charged a $7/credit (max of $84) late fee and automatically be placed on the Payment Plan.
How do I sign up for electronic refunding?
If you have signed up for Electronic Refunding prior to a refund being calculated, a refund can be sent directly to your banking account. For more information and directions on how to sign up: Electronic Refunding 

Back to the Top

More Questions?

We are making every effort to make things seamless, but we know you will have questions along the way. For immediate questions, please talk to your Campus Solution Center at:

UW-Green Bay, Marinette Campus – Call (715) 735-4300 ext. 4301
UW-Green Bay, Manitowoc Campus – Call (920) 683-4707
UW-Green Bay, Sheboygan Campus – Call (920) 459-6633

Back to the Top