Branch Campus Student FAQ's

Under the UW System restructuring effective in July 2018, UW-Marinette, UW-Manitowoc and UW-Sheboygan are now branch campuses of UW-Green Bay. The year ahead will be filled with transition and questions as we become a unified university with four campuses. This information is designed as a tool to help students navigate changes in the areas of Registration, Financial Aid, Admissions and Billing.

Quick Links


Can I keep taking classes at my branch campus?
Yes, you can take courses on the branch campus. Branch students registering for Spring and Summer 2019 classes should use PRISM. All registrations for Fall 2019 will use the UW-Green Bay Student Information System (SIS). You will receive more information on the transition to SIS at the time of registration.

How do I schedule classes for Spring 2019 and Summer 2019?
You will register for the Spring and Summer 2019 classes using PRISM.

What if I want to take classes at the Green Bay Campus for Spring/Summer 2019?
You will need to apply to the UW-Green Bay Campus for Spring and Summer 2019 classes in order to take classes on that Campus.

How can I take classes at another location (Fall 2019 and beyond)?
All registrations beginning with the Fall 2019 registration cycle take place in UW-Green Bay Student Information System (SIS), allowing students to self-select any courses at any campus location. Branch students wanting to take courses offered by the Green Bay campus should talk with their advisor.

Can I complete all of my Bachelor’s degree credits at a branch location?
Not currently, but this may be an option in the near future.

I’m done with my Associate’s degree. How do I keep going to get my Bachelor’s Degree? Do I have to reapply?
Yes, you need to apply to UW-Green Bay for classes in Spring and Summer 2019 and beyond.

Will I have to earn my Bachelor’s Degree, or can I still graduate with my Associate’s?
Yes, you can graduate with an Associate’s Degree and choose to move into your career or continue on toward earning your Bachelor’s Degree.

Should I complete my Associate’s Degree before I transfer to the Green Bay Campus/pursue a Bachelor’s Degree?
You should work with your advisor to determine the best path to your degree.

Will all of my credits from a branch campus location still count towards my degree?
All earned credits will be applied or transferred.

Where will I get my branch transcripts? Will I have to submit them to the Green Bay campus when I am ready to transition?
You may obtain your official transcript by submitting a request online. The University of Wisconsin Colleges partners with Credentials Inc. to accept transcript orders over the Internet at: Students already enrolled at the branch campuses during the 2018-19 academic year in and who enroll in SIS for Fall 2019 do not have to submit transcripts to the Green Bay campus. Students transferring to any other institution other than UW-Green Bay will need to request transcripts using the link above.

I attended other two-year UW Schools (i.e.- UW Fox Valley). How do I get those transcripts?
You may obtain your official transcript by submitting a request online. The University of Wisconsin Colleges partners with Credentials Inc. to accept transcript orders over the Internet at:

Where will I receive my diploma from?
Effective July 1, 2018 UW-Marinette, UW-Manitowoc and UW-Sheboygan became branch campus locations of UW-Green Bay. All branch campus diplomas will come from UW-Green Bay.

What happens if I enroll in a class at the wrong location?
You are responsible for the course(s) you enroll in. If you have questions, please speak with your advisor.

Can I take an English as a Second Language (ESL) course at Marinette if I am not a Marinette Campus student?
Starting Fall 2019, you will have the option to take courses at all four campus locations if you meet the course requisites for the course.

Will I be eligible to take study abroad courses with the Green Bay campus?
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay encourages all students, regardless of which campus they attend class, to consider study abroad. Program opportunities may have different eligibility requirements based upon specific course objectives or prerequisite competencies needed for success. Those considering study abroad can review all participation requirements by visiting and exploring the “destinations” tab.

Back to the Top

Financial Aid

How and when do I start getting my financial aid from UW-Green Bay?
Students enrolled at UW-Green Bay campuses in Marinette, Manitowoc or Sheboygan will complete the 2019-20 FAFSA and use UW-Green Bay’s school code (003899) in the school section of the FAFSA. This will allow UW-Green Bay to process your financial aid beginning with the Fall 2019 semester.

How does Summer 2019 financial aid work?
If you are a student at one of the branch campuses in Marinette, Manitowoc or Sheboygan, you will continue to receive your financial aid from UW Colleges through the Summer 2019 semester. UW Colleges will use your current, 2018-19 FAFSA information in order to determine your eligibility for Summer financial aid. However, you will also need to complete a UW Colleges Summer financial aid form, available at the time of summer registration. Your branch campus Solution Center can provide assistance.

I’ve already filed my 2019-20 FAFSA, but I didn’t include UW-Green Bay’s school code. How do I fix that?
Your 2019-20 FAFSA application must include UW-Green Bay’s school code (003899) in order for you to receive financial aid for the Fall 2019 semester and beyond. Go to, Log In, and navigate to the school section of the 2019-20 FAFSA. Enter 003899 – University of Wisconsin-Green Bay. Submit your corrected FAFSA, and we will receive it within a week.

Who do I contact about financial aid questions I have?
There are a lot of financial aid resources available to you. First, be sure to check UW-Green Bay’s Financial Aid website ( for information on costs, types of aid, steps in the financial aid process, etc. Still have questions? Call the Financial Aid Office at 920-465-2075 to speak with one of our GBOSS (Green Bay One Stop Shop) staff or email

How/when do I apply for scholarships?
The Office of Financial Aid maintains a Scholarship website that includes a variety of opportunities. Eligible New Freshmen and Continuing Students attending any campus location are encouraged to apply for scholarships through the Office of Financial Aid before the priority application date of February 15 each year. More information is to come regarding local scholarships at the branch locations.

Am I eligible for scholarships from the Green Bay Campus even if I attend a branch campus?
Yes. Eligible New Freshmen and Continuing Students attending any campus location are encouraged to apply for scholarships through the Office of Financial Aid before the priority application date of February 15 each year.

I received some scholarships from my high school/community. Where do I bring the check or have it sent to?
If the scholarship is for the Fall 2019 semester or later, you can forward the check to:

UW-Green Bay, Bursar
2420 Nicolet Drive
Green Bay, WI 54311

If the check is written to both you AND UW-Green Bay, you’ll need to endorse the check in order for UW-Green Bay to apply it to your balance due.

I have maxed out the credits covered by financial aid for my Associate’s Degree. Now that the branch campuses are part of a four-year school, will I be eligible again?
No, you would not be eligible if you continue seeking an Associate’s Degree. The maximum attempted credits are based on the degree you are seeking, not the school.

Back to the Top


Do I have to apply/pay the application fee for Spring 2019/Summer 2019 to attend the Green Bay Campus?

How do I know if I qualify for an application fee waiver, and where would I submit it?
If you have a financial hardship and/or receive free or reduced lunch, you may qualify for a fee waiver. Please send the waiver to UW-Colleges if you’re applying for Winter, Spring or Summer 2019 to a branch campus. If you’re applying for admission for Fall 2019 or after, send your fee waiver to the Green Bay campus.

I applied to the Green Bay campus, but I would like to start at a branch campus instead. How can I change this?
If it’s prior to enrollment, contact the Admissions Office and let them know. or 920-465-2111. After you are enrolled, please contact your academic advisor to help you with this.

Back to the Top


Does my tuition change for my branch?
No. The tuition per credit rate for branch campus students taking courses offered at a branch location is not changing. However, a branch campus student taking a course at the Green Bay Campus will pay the baccalaureate per credit rate on the Green Bay Campus course. Branch campus students will pay the “home campus” segregated (Seg) fee rate.

If a Bachelor’s Degree is offered at a branch campus will I have to pay more for the upper level courses?
Effective Fall 2019 term, course levels 300+ and higher at ALL UW-Green Bay campus locations will be at the baccalaureate per credit tuition rate.

Will I have more than one bill if I take classes at more than one location?
No. All of your tuition and fees will appear on your SIS account.

Back to the Top

More Questions?

We are making every effort to make things seamless, but we know you will have questions along the way. For immediate questions, please talk to your Campus Solution Center at:

UW-Green Bay, Marinette Campus – Call (715) 735-4300 ext. 4301
UW-Green Bay, Manitowoc Campus – Call (920) 683-4707
UW-Green Bay, Sheboygan Campus – Call (920) 459-6633

Back to the Top