- MAC B310
- (920) 465-2714
- “Whores and Angels of Our Striving Selves: The Cold War Films of John le Carré, Then and Now,” Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television (forthcoming, spring 2016).
- “Imagined Histories: Biography, Fiction, and the Challenges of Historical Imagination,” Teaching History: A Journal of Methods (forthcoming, spring 2016).
- “Apartheid” in Edward J. Blum, ed. Dictionary of American History, Supplement: America in the World, 1776 to Present (New York: Charles Scribner’s Sons, forthcoming).
- “His Voice Must Be Heard: Dennis Brutus, the Anti-Apartheid Movement, and the Struggle for Political Asylum,” Peace & Change: A Journal of Peace Research 40, no. 3 (July 2015): 368-394.
- “Americans in the World: Reflections on a Travel Course to South Africa,” Passport: The Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations Review, 44, no. 3 (January 2014): 55-59.
- “Virtual Worlds: Integrating Second Life into the History Classroom,” The History Teacher 45, no. 4 (August 2013): 545-558.
- “Black and White at Center Court: Arthur Ashe and the Confrontation of Apartheid in South Africa,” Diplomatic History 36, no. 5 (November 2012): 815-841.
- “Dias, Bartolomeu,” “Tolkien, J.R.R.,” and “Van Riebeeck, Jan” in Emmanuel Akyeampong and Henry Louis Gates, Jr., eds., Dictionary of African Biography (New York: Oxford University Press, 2011).
- “Greenpeace,” “Rwanda,” and “Vietnam” in George Barnett, ed., Encyclopedia of Social Networks (Newbury Park, CA: Sage, 2011).
- “Researching in the Beloved Country: Archives and Adventure in South Africa,” Passport: The Newsletter of the Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations 38, no. 3 (December 2007): 44-47.
- “The World is Watching: Polaroid and South Africa,” Enterprise & Society: The International Journal of Business History 7, no. 3 (September 2006): 520-549.
Education: B.A., Ohio University; M.A., Miami University; Ph.D., University of Colorado at Boulder
- Foundations for Social Research
- Foreign and Defense Policies
- Comparative Politics
- Global Politics and Society