Payroll Information

University Staff Specific Payroll Information

University Staff Temporary Specific Payroll Information

StudentSpecific Payroll Information

Unclassified Specific Payroll Information

Payroll Schedules




Direct Deposit

UW-Green Bay uses ACH (Automated Clearing House), or direct deposit, to pay employees. This service, which is mandatory, electronically deposits your pay to the financial institution and account of your choice and is available to you on payday. To enroll, complete the Direct Deposit Authorization Form and send the completed form to Human Resources.

Students are not required to have federal work study earnings direct deposited; however, it is the most efficient, convenient, and secure way for you to receive your pay.


Payroll Deductions

All faculty & staff are subject to federal and state income tax withholdings.  To change your tax withholdings, complete the W-4 Form (pages 5 & 6) and send the completed form to Human Resources.  In addition, all employees have social security tax withheld.

Benefits/Optional Payroll Deductions
Employees enrolled in Benefits plans will have premiums deducted based on their specific Payroll Schedules.
Tax-Sheltered Annuities
Deferred Compensation
Kress Events Center Membership - can sign up at the beginning of each school year, where by a pre-determined amount is deducted directly from your paycheck.

Parking Permits-

  • Ongoing employees may elect to have parking deductions taken on paychecks during school year through annual enrollment process.
  • New hires that missed the annual process may elect to have parking deducted from remaining paychecks by completing a Parking Permit Request for Payroll Deduction.


Earning Statements

Your latest earnings statement is available at My UW System at least three days before your pay date (payments are not available until the actual pay date). Statements are kept online for the current year, plus three prior years. My UW System is available at and can be accessed at any time, from any computer that has an internet connection. To login, select "University of Wisconsin - Green Bay" and then enter your UW-Green Bay user ID and password. My UW System provides convenient online access to:

  • Earnings Statements
  • Annual Tax Statements
  • Annual ETF Statement of Benefits

Travel Time

Travel Time for FLSA Non-Exempt Employees: The principles which apply in determining whether or not time spent in travel is working time depend upon the kind of travel involved. In general, travel time is defined as hours worked that time is spent in travel away from home outside of regular working hours. Any work that an employee is required to perform while traveling must be counted as hours worked even though it may not be during normally scheduled hours. Please see the Travel Time for FLSA Non-Exempt Employees for detailed information and examples of travel time.

Travel Time for FLSA Exempt Employees: Exempt employees are compensated based upon their total job responsibilities, including travel time, and therefore generally do not receive additional compensation for traveling.

International Employees

International Employees will need to complete their resident status and Visa Type on their W-4 Form (pages 5 &6). Once the employee is entered into HRS an email will be sent to the employee from Glacier (third-party vendor) to determine substantial presence and evaluate applicable tax treaties. The employee will complete online forms, print and sign forms then bring completed forms and supporting documents to HR upon completion of Glacier questionnaire.
International Tax Information

International Employees should contact the Payroll Office for questions on the required tax forms.