Table of Contents
Ms. Shelly Gabel, MS, RD, CD
University of Wisconsin-Green Bay
2420 Nicolet Drive, LS 455
Green Bay, WI 54311-7001
Phone: (920) 465-2269
Fax: (920) 465-2769
Office: LS 457
Application Requirements for Dietetic Internship
To be eligible and considered for admittance to the Dietetic Internship program the student must meet the following requirements:
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with verification of completion of a ACEND accredited Didactic Program in Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 and 3.0 for professional courses (4.0 basis); recommended science grades of a C or better.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English; a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 550 or better (International students only).
- Demonstrated ability (as evidenced by the letters of recommendations and personal letter):
- to work effectively as a member of a team, as well as team leader
- to be a self-directed and independent learner, and
- to be flexible and enthusiastic.
- Work and/or volunteer experience related to health care, community and/or food service encouraged.
- GRE, not required at present but strongly recommended for all applicants. Upload as supplemental document on DICAS.