COVID-19: See our Phoenix Forward page

Individual Taxpayer ID Number

An Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) is a tax number issued by the Internal Revenue Service. It is used for individuals who will need a US taxpayer identification number, but will not be obtaining employment. Most often students who have scholarships (not tuition remissions) will need an ITIN number. ITIN’s are used for federal tax reporting only. It will take about six weeks to receive your ITIN card.

How to apply for an ITIN Card

You must meet with an advisor in the Office of International Education to apply for an ITIN number. Bring your I-20 or DS-2019, Passport, and I-94 arrival card with you to the appointment. During the appointment you will complete a form W-7 that will be submitted on your behalf.