COVID-19: See our Phoenix Forward page

Travel Endorsement

All F-1 and J-1 students who will be traveling abroad during their program of study will need to have their I-20’s and DS-2019’s endorsed prior to leaving. It is very important to have your documents signed in a timely manner. Please allow 1-2 weeks for processing.

How to get your I-20 or DS-2019 Endorsed

  1. Fill out the Travel Endorsement Application
  2. Turn your Travel Endorsement Application into the Office of International Education at least 2 weeks prior to your travel.
  3. The Office of International Education staff will contact you when your I-20 or DS-2019 form has been endorsed.

Tips for Travel

Hand Carry (do not check) the following documents:

  1. Passport
  2. I-20
  3. Evidence of exchange visitor status, such as tuition receipts, transcripts or letters of acceptance
  4. Paper receipt of the SEVIS fee
  5. Name and contact information of your designated school official or reporting officer (International Student Advisor)
  6. If on OPT, letter of current employment and EAD card.