Information for Faculty
The continued excellence of the General Education Program depends on you. Please do the following to keep the program vibrant:
- If you are developing a new course, consider whether it should be a General Education course by checking the learning outcomes, consulting with your chair, and checking the appropriate box on curricular change form.
- If you believe your course fulfills the learning outcomes of General Education, consult your Chair about submitting a curricular change form to include the course in the Gen Ed program.
- If you are requesting that your course be considered as satisfying the Writing Emphasis requirement, please read the information below.
- Include the General Education Learning Outcomes for your unit on the syllabus of each Gen Ed course your teach.
- Talk to your classes about General Education so students will understand how this is a vital component of their education.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact the Associate Dean for College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.