- European Economic Community Multi-Language Technical Dictionary - This electronic, multilingual dictionary is designed especially for technical vocabulary. Simply type in the word you want to translate, indicate the primary and target language, and submit the query. An expert mode for more detailed searches is also available. The I'm Europe home page has additional information on European research services.
- Cofrin Library Literature, Language, Linguistics Resource Links
- The Cofrin Library Home Page contains valuable links to online catalogs, internet subject directories, electronic indexes and databases, and a way to send an e-mail message to a Cofrin Library reference librarian. On campus users have access to the online Encyclopedia Britannica, an excellent research resource.
- Columbia Guide to Online Style - A how-to-cite-online-sources guide in the MLA style format.
French Search Engines
These search engines specialize in databases from France and other French-speaking countries around the world.
- Google - France
- Francité Search by topic (like Yahoo) or by word.
- Lehman College, CUNY, French search engine page. Multiple French engine searches from one page.
- Swiss search engine in French, German, Italian, English.
- Wanadoo France. Search from indexed lists of information.
- Yahoo, France. Excellent
- Voilà. Search by topic, including current events. Offers useful direct links to French news services, etc. Excellent
German Search Engines
These search engines specialize in databases from Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
Spanish Search Engines
These search engines specialize in databases from Spanish-speaking countries