Application Checklist (PDF)
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing from a program accredited by a professional nursing organization (e.g., National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission [NLNAC] or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education [CCNE])
- A 3.0 grade point average (measured on a 4.0 scale) or higher on Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree transcript
- Evidence of receiving a grade of a C or better in a college level inferential statistics course within the past 5 years. An inferential statistics course is available online from UW-Green Bay for potential applicants.
- No entrance exams required (e.g. GRE, MAT)
Required Application Materials
Submit the following to the UW-Green Bay Graduate Office.
- A completed application form and the application fee. (Graduate application deadlines)
- A 200-300 written statement describing academic interest in leadership & management, nursing strengths and capabilities, knowledge of online technology (computer use, online course work, etc.), reasons for pursuing a MSN degree, and description of where you see yourself in 5 years.
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts from each previous college or university attended, sent directly to UW-Green Bay from these institutions.
NOTE: For those who have graduated from UW-Green Bay within the last five years, no new official transcripts are needed.
- Three letters of evaluation from persons who can assess your academic potential. Please provide the names and email addresses of your three references to Mary Valitchka (email@example.com) in the UW-Green Bay Graduate Studies Office. References will need to be completed and returned to the Graduate Studies Office.
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Copy of current, unencumbered U.S. RN license
- A professional photo of yourself or one of you at your job will be required upon admission to the MSN program. UWGB will use the photo for education and marketing purposes.
- A background check and Basic Healthcare Provider CPR certification will be required upon admission to the MSN program.
- Evidence of English Proficiency (such as a TOEFL score)
- Evaluation of Foreign Educational Credentials from Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) or a similar evaluation service.
- Evidence of financial resources
- Financial Support Statement
- More information on these requirements can be found on the Graduate Studies website.