If you observe a suspicious object or potential bomb on campus
- DO NOT HANDLE THE OBJECT!
- Remain calm, clear the area
- Immediately call Police at 911, the designated emergency response number.
If you receive a bomb threat by phone:
- Don’t Hang Up!
- If possible, have someone else call 911.
- Keep talking to the caller as long as possible.
When is the bomb going to explode?
Where is it right now?
What does it look like?
What kind of bomb is it?
What will cause it to explode?
Did you place the bomb?
What is your address
What is your name?
- While talking to the caller listen for: speech pattern, accent,
background noise, and other
- If caller hangs up, Do Not hang up your phone. Use another phone line to immediately notify Police at 911, the designated emergency response number.
- If the threat of an explosion is imminent, evacuate the building. Activate the fire alarm. Follow Evacuation Procedures.
- Once outside, move to a clear area that is at least 500 feet away from the affected building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and crews.
- DO NOT RETURN TO AN EVACUATED BUILDING unless authorized by the Public Safety or Fire Personnel.