PDC applications are currently being accepted from educators in Nigeria through QAARDAN. Applications must be returned by December 1, 2013. Applications can be completed on hard copy or online. Applications will be processed once they are received and candidates will be notified of admission standing within three weeks of application. Payment of $4,800 should be made to QAARDAN. Contact QAARDAN for payment arrangements.
- Verification that the applicant is a practicing educator in Nigeria. The target population for program participation will be practicing educators in Nigeria. However, in addition, school social workers, school psychologists, school therapists, school support staff, counselors, school administrators and directors would be considered appropriate candidates.
- Verification that the applicant holds a valid degree from a university or other institution of higher education or has substantial experience in the field of Education.
- Verification that the applicant possesses a level of English fluency sufficient to participate effectively in all components of the program.
- Verification that the applicant has access to a computer with internet capabilities sufficient to access web-based program content and submit course assignment.
- Verification that the applicant has access to students in a local classroom for the purpose of conducting the required action research project.
To help us better understand your intentions for joining the PDC, you are asked to answer two candidate commentary questions. The first question asks about your rationale for participating in the PDC program. You should include details about why this program will be able to help you develop and grow as a professional. Feel free to include details about other work experiences including your current role. Explain what you have learned from those experiences, and how you think the PDC will be able to help you develop. In addition, we ask your hopes and aspirations for the PDC. This question should indicate what you have done, other work in which you have trained people, or worked in a teacher-style role or as an educator. Please include details of these too. You should aim to write approximately 300 words for each question.
Online Application - PDC applications can be made in two ways: