UW-Green Bay MSW Program Application Information
Academic Year 2016-2017
The MSW program prepares students for advanced practice social work in a variety of fields of practice. The Program offers an Advanced Generalist concentration with an opportunity to complete an
Individualized Area of Emphasis. The program seeks applicants who have demonstrated academic potential for graduate study, readiness and suitability for advanced level social work, and who are able
to articulate a commitment to social work. In addition, the Program seeks applicants with a demonstrated commitment to human services and sensitivity to multi-cultural practice, social justice, and
Applicants must apply to the UW-Green Bay Graduate Studies and the UW-Green Bay MSW Program. Applications received after the deadline date will be considered on a space available basis. The MSW Program admissions committee will only review complete applications so applicants are encouraged to apply early and accurately follow application instructions. Receipt of application materials will be confirmed via the UW-Green Bay Graduate Studies office. The application process includes completion of the following materials:
- The UW System Graduate School application
- The UW-Green Bay MSW Program Admission Questionnaire
- Personal Narrative
- Summary of Employment and Volunteer Experiences
- Official Transcripts
- Professional References
The MSW admissions committee meets in February to review all completed applications. Applicants will receive notification letters from UW-Green Bay Graduate Studies office via postal mail by or before mid-March.
Application Materials and Submission Information for 2016-2017
Applications for the 2016-2017 academic year are due on January 11, 2016 and must include all of the following materials to be considered for admission.
- Complete the on-line UW System Graduate School application form: https://apply.wisconsin.edu and submit admission fee. On the UW System application, students with a qualifying BSW degree (see admissions criteria www.uwgb.edu/socwork/msw/admissions_criteria) should apply for the Summer semester. Students with an undergraduate degree in a field other than social work should apply for the Fall semester.
- Complete the Master of Social Work (MSW) Program Admission Questionnaire: Admission Questionaire Form (To save file; right click, then “save link as’ or “save target as”.) This form requires Adobe Reader which can be downloaded for free at: https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/products/pdf-reader.html. The MSW Program Admission Questionnaire provides instructions for completing your personal narrative. Email your completed MSW Program Admission Questionnaire to the Graduate Studies office at UW-Green Bay at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the Survey of Employment and Volunteer Experiences in human services-related areas. The link to the survey is found in the MSW Program Admission Questionnaire.
- Request official undergraduate and graduate transcripts from each previous college or university attended*. Transcripts must be sent directly from these institutions to the UW-Green Bay
Graduate Studies office:
Cofrin Library 835
2420 Nicolet Drive
Green Bay, WI 54311
*NOTE: If you attended UW-Green Bay in the past, you do not need to submit a transcript from UW-Green Bay. If you graduated from UW-Green Bay in the last five years, you do not need to submit transcripts from any other colleges you attended if that coursework was previously transferred to UW-Green Bay.
- Provide information on three references as directed in the MSW Program Admission Questionnaire and the UW System Graduate School application. The individuals you list as your references on the UW System on-line application will be emailed a link by the Graduate Studies office asking them to complete an on-line Letter of Evaluation. You do NOT need to ask for letters of recommendation from your references.
MSW Program Coordinator
(920) 465-2049 / Trimberg@uwgb.edu
Student Status Examiner / Academic Student Advisor
(920) 465-2679 / Bergj@uwgb.edu