UW Green Bay/UW Oshkosh Collaborative MSW Program
For Applicants Applying to UW Green Bay
MSW Application Information
Academic Year 2014-15
The MSW Program is seeking applicants who are interested in developing and strengthening their social work knowledge and skills by completing their MSW Degree. The Program is particularly interested in applicants who want to develop expertise in the areas of direct practice or in administration management in human service settings. The Program seeks applicants who have a commitment to serving those who are vulnerable, who face multiple challenges in their lives, and who may be seeking services in public agency settings. Applicants should be comfortable with developing their expertise in working from a family focused perspective, with developing skills to work in both rural and metropolitan areas, and in working with clients from diverse cultures and circumstances. Applicants admitted to the MSW Program will be required to complete 16 hours per week of Practicum Internship in a social service agency. Interested applicants should begin planning for this requirement as soon as possible.
Applications must be received by January 17, 2014. Applications received after that date will be considered on a space available basis. Receipt of application materials will be confirmed via the UW Green Bay Graduate Studies office. The Collaborative MSW Program Admissions Committee will review complete applications only. For more information regarding admissions criteria, please see: http://www.uwgb.edu/socwork/msw/admissions_criteria.aspApplication Materials and Submission Information
- Completion of the online UW System Graduate School application form:https://apply.wisconsin.edu/ and admission fee.
- Completion of the Master of Social Work Program Admission Questionnaire: MSW Admission Questionnaire. (To save file, right click, then "save link as" or "save target as"). This form requires Adobe Reader which can be downloaded for free at: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- Completion of a personal essay (3-5 pages, double-spaced) prepared using Microsoft Word. Instructions for the personal essay can be found in Section VII of the Master of Social Work Program Admission Questionnaire (see second bullet point).
- Send your completed Master of Social Work Program Admission Questionnaire and personal essay via email as two separate attachments to the Graduate Studies office at UW Green Bay at: email@example.com.
- Completion of the Survey of Employment and Volunteer Experiences in human services-related areas. The link to the survey is found in Section VIII of the Master of Social Work Program Admission Questionnaire (see second bullet point).
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts from each previous college or university attended must be sent directly from these institutions to the UW Green Bay Graduate
Cofrin Library 835, UW Green Bay
2420 Nicolet Drive, Green Bay, WI 54311-7001
NOTE: If you attended UW Green Bay, you do not need to submit a transcript from UW Green Bay and, if you graduated from UW Green Bay in the last five years, you do not need to submit transcripts from any other colleges you attended if that coursework was previously transferred to UW Green Bay.
- The MSW Program requires you to submit the names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of three references. (See Section VI of the Master of Social Work Program Admission Questionnaire (see second bullet point) for instructions on references required for the MSW Program). The individuals you list as your references will be emailed a link by the MSW Program asking them to complete a reference questionnaire. You do NOT need to ask for letters of recommendation from your references.
For further information, please contact: