Accessible Housing


Federal regulations require that the office of Student Accessibility Services have on file documentation of disability and eligibility for services before any services are provided.  All communication regarding any housing accommodations will be managed through the office of Student Accessibility Services. The office contact information is 920-465-2841 and Students may request accessible housing due to a documented disability defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). To make such a request, students must register with Student Accessibility Services. Documentation will be reviewed by appropriate University personnel to determine whether the request will be granted. While all attempts are made to honor approved requests, they are subject to space availability. This process is in place to ensure fairness in determining approval for room assignments and room accommodations as deemed appropriate, considering individual case-by-case situations. Since this is a longer process we recommend applying 8 weeks prior to the start of the semester!  

How to Apply:

Returning Students

Returning students seeking accessible housing should contact Student Accessibility Services before annual room selection.

What are Housing Accommodations?

Student housing at UW-Green Bay is located adjacent to academic and recreational facilities and is connected to main campus by paved walk-ways, which are equipped with curb cuts, emergency telephones and lighting. Other accessible housing features may include:
  • Kitchen modifications
  • Strobe fire alarm systems
  • Automatic door openers
  • Walk-in showers
  • Front-load washers/dryers
*Housing residents with family members/friends who need accommodations while visiting UWGB housing facilities should contact the office of Housing and Residential Education at 920-465-2040 or