Student Employee Appreciation Awards
Each spring, the National Student Employment Association sponsors a competition to find the top rated student employee in the nation. This competition begins at the campus level when supervisors are invited to nominate outstanding student employees in each of their departments. As a way to recognize all student employees across campus, the Student Employment Office hosts a week of events to celebrate the hard work done across campus by our student workers. Out of those standout students nominated, one is selected to receive the title of UW-Green Bay's Student Employee of the Year. In addition, five other students are recognized for their individual outstanding demonstration in one of the evaluated qualities!
All nominees are honored at a ceremony held each spring that kicks off the week of celebrations honoring all students who work while attending college.
- Each UW-Green Bay nominee is presented with a gift bag and certificate of congratulations from UW-Green Bay.
- Five UW-Green Bay nominees are presented with an engraved plaque for their outstanding demonstration of a specific evaluation quality.
- The UW-Green Bay winner is presented with an increased gift certificate and plaque from UW-Green Bay, in addition to a certificate and congratulatory letter from the Midwest Association.
- State winners will receive a certificate and check for $75.00
- The Midwest Association regional winner will receive a plaque and a check for $150.00
- The Midwest Association winner will then be submitted for the National Student Employee of the Year Program.
- National winner of the Student Employee of the Year competition is presented with an undisclosed scholarship.
All UW-Green Bay undergraduate and graduate student employees are eligible for consideration, Work Study and regular. To be considered an eligible employee, students must be paid via the UW payroll system for work completed at UW-Green Bay and be enrolled at least part-time through UW-Green Bay. Graduate students must be performing student employee jobs to be eligible. (We're sorry, but the following positions cannot be considered: Resident Advisors, Graduate Assistants or Teaching Assistants.)
Students must have worked or be anticipated to work a minimum of six months part-time (or three months full-time), during the selection period which is from June 2014 through May 2015.
Important Information about Nominating
Only one nomination per student will be accepted. If your student works
in multiple roles across campus we suggest collaborating to create one
Please note: one additional letter of support is allowed per nomination per student.
Students will be evaluated by a campus team of judges on the following qualities:
Each institution will submit only one name for competition at the state level. On the campus level, five additional students will be selected and honored with the title of outstanding demonstration of a specific selection criteria.