Table of Contents
- Chapter 30 Active Duty (MGIB-AD)
- Chapter 1606 Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
- Chapter 1607 Reserve Educational Assist (REAP)
- Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill (Dependents)
- Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation
- Chapter 35 Survivors & Dependents Assistance (DEA)
- Reserve Tuition Assistance thru www.GoArmyEd.com
GoArmyEd is the virtual gateway for all eligible Active Duty, National Guard and Army Reserve Soldiers to request Tuition Assistance (TA) online, anytime, anywhere for classroom and distance learning. It allows Soldiers to manage their education records including college classes, testing, on-duty classes and Army Education Counselor support. Beginning Summer 2013, Army Civilians will also use GoArmyEd to apply for their Civilian education, training, and leader development events.
The Tuition Assistance (TA) program provides financial assistance for voluntary off-duty education programs in support of a Soldier's professional and personal self-development goals. TA is available for courses that are offered in the classroom or by distance learning. The courses must be offered by schools that are registered in GoArmyEd and are accredited by accrediting agencies that are recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. TA is not authorized for programs beyond a master's degree.
Tuition Assistance Procedures
- Soldiers must request TA through www.GoArmyEd.com prior to the course start date or before the school's late registration period.
- TA is requested on a course-by-course basis.
- GoArmyEd will notify the Soldier whether the TA is approved or not. If the TA request is not approved, GoArmyEd will advise the Soldier of the reason and next steps.
- All drops/withdrawals must take place through GoArmyEd. Soldiers who do not successfully complete a class will be required to repay the TA. Soldiers who are unable to successfully complete a class due to military reasons must request a Withdrawal for Military Reasons through GoArmyEd and complete all required steps to ensure that they will not be charged.
- If the Soldier wishes to take a class with a school that does not participate in the electronic GoArmyEd class schedule, a TA Request Authorization form must be completed in GoArmyEd. The TA Request Authorization will be routed to an Army Education Counselor to be reviewed and approved. Soldiers should allow extra time for this. If the TA Request Authorization is approved, the Soldier will be notified by email. Soldiers must print the approved TA Request Authorization form in GoArmyEd, provide it to the school and enroll directly with the school.
- Soldiers must submit a signed TA Statement of Understanding (TA SOU) each year. Soldiers in the rank of E7 or above do not need their commander's signature. However, by signing this document they agree to the terms of this TA SOU. Soldiers in the rank of E6 or below must have their commander's signature. GoArmyEd will send a notice to students 90 days before the due date.