N.E.W. Research Locations
Just a few N.E.W. Research Locations - there are many more!
- Many communities, regardless of size, maintain historical societies. Be sure to check if there is one in your research area.
- Visit your local library for local and regional collections.
Find a listing of museums and research facilities located in Brown County here.
- UW-Green Bay Cofrin Library
- Brown County Historical Society
- The Miriam B. and James J. Mulva Library, St Norbert College, De Pere
- Brown County Public Library
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College Library
- Berlin Area Historical Society
- Bergstom Mahler Museum
- EAA AirVenture Museum
- Hearthstone Historic House Museum
- Military Veteran’s Museum, Oshkosh
- Neenah Historical Society
- New London Public Museum
- Oshkosh Public Museum
- Outagamie County Historical Society
- Paine Art Center and Gardens, Oshkosh
- Paper Discovery Center
- Weis Earth Science Museum
- John Michael Kohler Art Center
- Manitowoc County Historical Museum
- Rahr-West Art Museum, Manitowoc
- Sheboygan County Historical Museums
- Wade House
- Wisconsin Maritime Museum
- Mishicot Historical Museum
Statewide Research Locations
Wisconsin Historical Society Library and Archives in Madison
Did you know that one of the top American history libraries in the world is located right in our own state, at the Wisconsin Historical Society? If you’re researching an American or Wisconsin-oriented topic, there’s probably something for you in the WHS stacks.
- Wisconsin Historical Society Library and Archives
- Information for teachers on NHD research fieldtrips to the WHS
- Area Research Center Network
Primary sources from the Wisconsin Historical Society Archives can come to you! Collections owned by the WHS can be sent to 13 regional research centers across the state. To see what is available, check out ARCAT, our archives catalog, then contact your region’s archivist.
University of Wisconsin System Libraries
College and university libraries will likely have more resources than your school or public library. The University of Wisconsin System Libraries will link you to the online catalogs for schools in the UW System. You can try searching for your topic in their online catalog or you can visit the library in person. Make sure to talk to librarians and reference staff for help in learning how to search the catalog and about other subscription services you may be able to access while on campus.