The College of Science and Technology offers a diversity of majors and minors in biology, human biology, chemistry, environmental science, geoscience, mathematics, physics, environmental engineering technology, electrical engineering technology, and mechanical engineering technology. Faculty in the College are accomplished teachers and scholars who provide high quality instruction and hands-on teaching and research experiences to students in laboratory and field settings. The College has consistently obtained funding from local, state and federal sources to support campus and community based research projects.
The College supports two seminar series (Natural and Applied Science and Human Biology) and several student organizations, while also providing numerous named scholarships for students. The state-of-the art laboratory and research facilities include a scanning electron microscope and human cadavers. In addition to the laboratory and research facilities associated with Human Biology and Natural and Applied Sciences, the College also includes the Cofrin Center for Biodiversity and the Environmental Management and Business Institute which both provide research and internship opportunities. The College has a partnership with the Medical College of Wisconsin, with faculty from Human Biology providing instruction in the Medical College of Wisconsin curriculum.
Students in the College of Science and Technology will have the opportunity to:
- Gain important knowledge and skills pertinent to their chosen field of study
- Develop critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills
- Engage in hands-on teaching and research experiences
- Utilize modern laboratories and equipment
- Learn in an interdisciplinary environment that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Become a complete student and citizen by participating in internships, travel courses, and other extracurricular activities
- Fully prepare themselves for their next professional ambition – whether it be employment, further credentialing, or graduate/clinical education.