Welcome to the VITA website. The VITA program offers free tax help to people who cannot afford professional assistance. Volunteers help prepare basic tax returns for low income taxpayers, the elderly, and students.
Volunteers will primarily assist taxpayers to prepare the following returns and schedules:
- Forms 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ
- Schedule EIC (Earned Income Credit)
- Form 2441 (Child and Dependent Care Credit)
- Form 8812 (Additional Child Tax Credit)
- Forms 1, 1A, and 1EZ
- Schedule H and H-EZ (Homestead Credit)
Volunteers will not be able to assist taxpayers with any of the following schedules on their Federal returns:
- Schedule A (Medical expenses, state and local taxes, charitable contributions, etc.)
- Schedule C (Profit or loss from a business)
- Schedule D (Gains and losses from sales of stocks, bonds, and other property)
- Schedule E (Income from rental property or partnership)
- Schedule F (Farm income)
- Any returns or schedules for married taxpayers who file separate tax returns
Assistance is provided at locations around the community. To find a location near you and the information and documents you should bring with you, simply click on the "Locations" button.