First Nations Studies is premised upon the 4 Rs of the Tribal World: Respect, Relationship, Reciprocity, and Responsibility
First Nation Studies offers opportunities to study the history and cultures of North American Indians emphasizing the tribes of Wisconsin and the Great Lakes region. The program offers a minor through several cooperating UW-Green Bay departments. Studies include courses on the arts, music, literature, history, languages, and religious traditions of Wisconsin tribes, plus a set of seminars dealing with special problems in local Indian communities.
Education Center for First Nations Studies
The Center is an Act 31 resource dedicated to improving and supporting First Nations (American Indian) education and teacher education programs.
News stories in Inside
- Leary to present at conference, and speak at White House-sponsored session
October 22, 2014
- In the news: Journal Sentinel story highlights First Nations Studies program
October 9, 2014
- Reminder: Noon faculty forum with Leary, Hutchison
September 26, 2014
- Friday’s HUS faculty forum will feature talks by Leary, Hutchison
September 22, 2014
- First Nations Studies faculty will take part in Tuesday celebration of Act 31
August 18, 2014