First Nations Studies is premised upon the 4 Rs of the Tribal World: Respect, Relationship, Reciprocity, and Responsibility
First Nation Studies offers opportunities to study the history and cultures of North American Indians emphasizing the tribes of Wisconsin and the Great Lakes region. The program offers a minor through several cooperating UW-Green Bay departments. Studies include courses on the arts, music, literature, history, languages, and religious traditions of Wisconsin tribes, plus a set of seminars dealing with special problems in local Indian communities.
Education Center for First Nations Studies
The Center is an Act 31 resource dedicated to improving and supporting First Nations (American Indian) education and teacher education programs.
News stories in Inside
- UWGB faculty participate in boosting liberal education
October 1, 2015
- UW-Green Bay ‘Teaching Scholars’ to present next Wednesday
September 17, 2015
- Poet laureate Kort had UW-Green Bay ties
April 22, 2015
- 2015 UW-Green Bay Pow Wow set for April 25
April 18, 2015
- Back by popular demand: Brooks presentation on First Nations culture
April 6, 2015