Upward Bound Math and Science Centers are federally-funded TRIO programs,
administered by the U.S. Department of Education and located at educational and
non-profit organizations throughout the nation, designed to help low-income and
first-generation students overcome the barriers that block them from accessing
and succeeding in post-secondary educational programs.
The Regional Center for Math and Science (RCMS) is located at the University of
Wisconsin - Green Bay. The RCMS is a part of the TRIO and Precollege Programs
(TRIO & Precollege).
The RCMS is a federally funded, six week residential pre-college program,
designed to enhance and enrich high school students' understanding of science,
mathematics, and the nature of scientific research. The Center's emphasis is on
the health sciences. Careers in medicine, nursing, physical therapy, medical
research, and the like, will be explored.
The Center's goal is to increase the math and science skills of high school
students in order to prepare them for a university program of study in the
sciences, mathematics or engineering.
Students MUST currently be a sophomore in one of the following 20
target schools (Updated 2013):
- Wayne Memorial High School, Wayne, MI
- Henry High School, Minneapolis, MN NEW
- South Minneapolis High School, Minneapolis, MN
- John Marshall High School, Rochester, MN NEW
- Century High School, Rochester, MN NEW
- Rufus King High School, Milwaukee, WI
- Ronald Reagan High School, Milwaukee, WI NEW
- South Division High School, Milwaukee, WI NEW
- D.C. Everest High School, Schofield, WI NEW
- Kaukauna High School, Kaukauna, WI
- Lincoln High School, Manitowoc, WI
- Little Wolf High School, Manawa, WI
- New London High School, New London, WI
- Sparta High School, Sparta, WI NEW
- Stevens Point Area HS, Stevens Point, WI NEW
- South High School, Sheboygan, WI
- Tigerton High School, Tigerton, WI
- Tomah High School, Tomah, WI NEW
- Wausau East High School, Wausau, WI NEW
- Wittenberg-Birnamwood High School, Wittenberg, WI
One or preferably both of the following criteria
MUST ALSO be met:
- POTENTIAL FIRST-GENERATION COLLEGE STUDENT - participant comes from a family
where neither parent has earned a four-year college degree
- LOW INCOME - participant's family income is at or below federally determined low
Additionally, students must have a 2.3 or higher cumulative GPA (on a 4.00
scale), and have a goal of entering a postsecondary institution of choice
(either a university or technical school).
Summer 2013 Dates:
June 30th through August 10th
For Additional Information
If you have questions, suggestions, or need additional information about the
Regional Center for Math and Science program, please contact us at
RCMS@UWGB.EDU or call us at
920-465-2445 or 1-800-253-RCMS between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. CST.
If you are interested in applying to our program please complete
and submit the following
Written inquiries for information should be sent to:
Regional Center for Math and Science
Student Services Building 1721
2420 Nicolet Drive
Green Bay, WI 54311-7001
All Rights Reserved. © 2011.
Regional Center for Math & Science @ The University of Wisconsin - Green Bay.