Develop the insight, knowledge, and technical skills needed to deal effectively with the far-reaching challenges of contemporary urban society.
Urban and Regional Studies develops individuals who want to make a difference in their community: a difference in what happens to older neighborhoods in transition; a difference in what happens as new suburban communities are planned and built; and a difference in the lives and well-being of persons across metropolitan and rural regions. UW-Green Bay offers undergraduates an opportunity to become familiar with concepts that will be useful whether they become community organizers, lawyers, city or regional planners, architects, and more.
View the courses available to better plan your curriculum or see the description for each course.
URS offers international internships in Ecuador. UW-Green Bay has signed an agreement with the city of Tena as to allow faculty and students to contribute to Tena’s planning efforts.Learn more »
News stories in Inside
- From expert prof to recent grad, Fox 11 jobs story has UW-Green Bay ties on Mon, 07 Jul 2014
- Belated kudos to Urban and Regional Studies students on Wed, 28 May 2014
- In the news: Hutchison offers take for story on Walmart debate on Wed, 21 May 2014
- Nuova casa: UW-Green Bay celebrates da Vinci statue dedication on Fri, 16 May 2014
- Alumni rising: Fond memories, warm thoughts from Malaysia on Wed, 23 Apr 2014