- If you're missing a course, be sure to check your Courses → All Courses area in Canvas. Instructors and students can customize their Canvas Dashboard by "favoriting" courses, and when new courses appear they may not be listed on the Dashboard until they are added to your favorites.
- Students: please check with your instructors to determine which platforms they are using. If your courses are not showing up as expected, please consult this troubleshooting guide.
- Instructors who need more "Sandbox Courses" (template courses) can create their own.
Canvas is the Learning Management System (LMS) used by UW-Green Bay to facilitate online learning and instruction. It is the central hub of the Digital Learning Environment (or DLE); most of the instructional tools in the DLE integrate into Canvas to create a unified platform. Canvas is used to deliver digital content and facilitate online interaction as both the main platform for fully online courses and as a supporting tool for in-person offerings.
Missing a Course?
Resources for Instructors
- Learning About Canvas
- Import the "UWGB Student Resource Module" from Canvas Commons to add a compact Canvas student user guide to your Canvas course. To find and import this module, access “Commons” from the Canvas Global Navigation Menu and search for “UWGB Student Resource Module” (full instructions).
- Teaching Remotely
- Course Continuity: Resources for Transitioning to Remote Learning
- Finding Support & Additional Resources
Instructors and students can contact the IT Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-465-2309 for support. How-to guides and help documents are also available on the UWGB KnowledgeBase. If you can’t find what you need, please consider suggesting a document. For Canvas support, you can also view helpful guides on the Canvas Community.