The Design Arts program equips students with the knowledge, problem-solving ability, and design skills that will enable them to make significant contributions as design professionals.
The Design Arts major is geared towards students who are interested in Graphic Design, Environmental Design, and the broadening field of Visual Communications.
The program provides a formal education in design with an emphasis on promoting the development of problem solving and design skills that are practical, portable, and enduring in rapidly changing, technologically driven, creative fields.
The Design Arts major consists of courses in:
- Studio Art
- Graphic Design
- Environmental Design
- English Composition
The breadth of the curriculum reflects the interdisciplinary nature of the program and is structured to promote intellectual and esthetic understanding of visual communications, environmental design.
News stories in Inside
- Reminder: Last day of faculty art show
February 27, 2014
- Reminder: Opening of faculty art show
February 5, 2014
- Lawton presents faculty exhibition beginning Thursday
February 3, 2014
- Art from all angles: Virtual tour gives 360° view of program facilities
December 26, 2013
- Art program uses 360° virtual tour to increase exposure, enrollment
December 23, 2013