The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment (OIRA) is dedicated to providing accurate and timely information and services to support campus planning and decision-making, program assessment, and the assessment of student learning. The staff also responds to internal and external requests for instiutional data. OIRA is staffed by the director of institutional research, the coordinator of testing services, and support from a program assistant. OIRA is part of the Office of the Provost, and is managed by the Associate Provost for Academic Affairs.
OIRA responsibilities include:
- Conducting, coordinating and/or assisting with centrally administered institutional research and assessment plans/projects.
- Providing consultation and staff support to the Academic Affairs Planning Committee, University Planning Committee, Institutional Assessment Committee and other committees upon request.
- Conducting ad hoc studies on significant policy/planning issues.
- Compiling and disseminating historical data on enrollments, degrees conferred, and retention and graduation rates.
- Maintaining a compendium of statistics on faculty and staff.
- Conducting and analyzing results from annual student surveys.
- Coordinating the administration of institutional testing and credit-by-examination programs.
- Coordinating activities associated with the Credit for Prior Learning Program.
- Preparing and distributing reports to university constituencies.
- Providing the academic program chairs with data for five-year, program reviews.
- Managing and maintaining results from the Course Comments Questionnaire and related instruments.
- Providing data and other information for regular campus and UW System reports.
- Serving as a repository for academic program assessment plans and status/other reports.
Coordinator of Testing Services
Provost Office, CL 825
2420 Nicolet Drive
Green Bay WI 54311-7001