We are indeed much more than what we eat, but what we eat can nevertheless help us to be much more than what we are. — Adelle Davis
Food Day 2012
Renowned author and urban farmer Will Allen highlighted UW-Green Bay’s National Food Day events on Oct 24.
Allen's small partnership on Milwaukee’s north side has won attention nationally and beyond from those who advocate for sustainable food systems. Growing Power bills its mission as transforming communities by providing healthy and affordable food and promoting Community Food Centers through training, demonstration, outreach and technical assistance. The organization states its goal is "to grow food, to grow minds, and to grow community."
The CFCC is always doing something new! Keep informed by checking out the CFCC blog.
News stories from CFCC
- Laurel Phoenix, new Co-Director of the Center for Food in Community and Culture, honored by the American Water Resources Association
November 27, 2012
- Professor Emerita Sandra Stokes
March 31, 2012
- Nutrient Quality of Food Affected by Agricultural Practices
November 20, 2011
- NEWfare Conference on Local Food, Health and Wealth
November 4, 2011
- Joanne Gardner at Eco-Deck for Earth Week
April 30, 2011