COVID-19: See our Phoenix Forward page

College Credit Opportunities

You Have Options 

GEAR UP students in grades 9-12 can choose from three FREE ways to earn college credits through UW-Green Bay while still in high school. The process might be a little different for each route, but in all cases GEAR UP pays for any GEAR UP student. 

**GEAR UP students may also take courses through the UW-Green Bay ECCP Program.  These courses are not paid for through GEAR UP funds, but if approved, are paid for through the state and school district.  More information about ECCP options can be found here.

Program Overview

College Credit in High School

College Credit in High School

Students take college-credit courses in their high school classrooms with high school teachers. For CCIHS, you work with your high school counselor to make sure you are eligible and can fit the course(s) into your schedule. CCIHS courses are currently available in the following GEAR UP school districts: Green Bay, Shawano, Sheboygan, and Wausau. 
Dual Enrollment Access Academy

Dual Enrollment Access Academy

Students choose from a list of courses that are done entirely online. Each course is one semester long. 

For The Academy, you will work with UWGB and your school counselor to complete the paperwork and get enrolled.

Summer Scholars

Summer Scholars

‚ÄčThe Summer Scholars Program gives high school students the opportunity to take a 4-week online college course during the summer. 

For Summer Scholars, UW-Green Bay will walk you through the registration steps.


  College Credit in High School Dual Enrollment Access Academy Summer Scholars
Where is the class held? In the high school classroom Online
Students can work from anywhere at any time as long as they meet course due dates                                                                        
Students can work from anywhere at any time as long they meet course due dates                                                                          
Who teaches the class? High school teacher approved as adjunct faculty who meets Higher Learning Commission (HLC) credentialing requirements University faculty member University faculty member
Which courses are available? Classes available with approved teachers Classes that will be offered each semester at the "Learn More" link above.                                Accelerated four-week classes available for the summer. A portion of the class may be held on the UW-Green Bay in the summer (transportation and housing provided).