Employment Opportunities With TLC
The Learning Center hires student peer tutors to support academic success for all UW-Green Bay students. We currently employ tutors to support course-specific content, including language courses, and academic writing. Qualified students can tutor in multiple subject areas.
The position rate is $15.00/hr.
- Currently enrolled as a student for at least 1 credit, with at least two semesters remaining
- Must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or better and have earned a grade of A or A/B in the subjects/courses to be tutored, or have a professorial recommendation for the position
- Show genuine willingness to provide academic assistance to students with various backgrounds and prior learning experiences seeking services to include individual tutoring/mentoring and small group work in multiple modes of delivery - online and in-person
- Have the appropriate course and outside work schedule to meet employment hours needed
- Provide a minimum of three faculty/instructor references in the application
You can apply for a tutor position with The Learning Center by completing the application form linked below. All TLC student employment opportunities are Federal Work Study eligible, and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Students interested in being a writing tutor should be prepared to upload a recent sample of their academic writing from any college-level class they've completed.
All applicants agree as a condition of employment to complete tutor/mentor training with TLC, sign a confidentiality agreement, and complete ALL University payroll paperwork.