MSN Admission Requirements
1 To qualify, you must have:
- A Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from a program accredited by a professional nursing organization (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education [CCNE]).
- A minimum 3.0 GPA in your BSN. (Provisional admission possible with lower GPA.)
- A C grade or better in a college level inferential statistics course within the past 5 years. (A statistics course is available online from UW-Green Bay for potential applicants.)
No entrance exams are required (e.g. GRE, MAT).
2 To apply, submit the following:
- A 200-300 word written statement: This statement outlines your academic interest in leadership and management, nursing strengths and capabilities, knowledge of online technology (computer use, online course work, etc.), reasons for pursuing a MSN degree and description of where you see yourself in five years.
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions of higher learning. NOTE: If you attended UW-Green Bay you do not have to send UW-Green Bay transcripts.
- Letters of evaluation: The MSN Program requires two letters of evaluation from people who can assess your academic potential. Applicants must fill out the first two sections of the form, save and send to each evaluator. Please note that Letters of Evaluation will not be accepted from the applicant, all letters of evaluation/recommendation must come directly from the evaluator. Each evaluator must fill out the remaining sections and send directly to the Office of Graduate Studies email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit these items to:
- Curriculum vitae or resume: This may be uploaded as a part of your application or can be emailed to email@example.com.
- A copy of current, unencumbered U.S. RN license
- A professional photo of yourself or one of you at your job will be required upon admission to the MSN program. UW-Green Bay will use the photo for education and marketing purposes.
UW-Green Bay, Graduate Studies Office, David Cofrin Library, Suite 835, 2420 Nicolet Drive, Green Bay, WI 54311-7001 or firstname.lastname@example.org
3 For international students:
In addition to the application materials listed above, international students will also need to provide the following documentation:
- A test of English proficiency (TOEFL , IELTS , or Duolingo English Test).
- Course-by-course transcript evaluation from a professional evaluation service currently recognized by NACES (www.naces.org). UW-Green Bay recommends one of the following evaluation services: