Skip to main content

Graduate Admissions

Admission Requirements

When applying UW-Green Bay's graduate school, you'll need:

  • Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
  • 3.0 grade point average. Applicants with a GPA of less than 3.0 may be considered for provisional admission.
  • Universities of Wisconsin application form.
  • $56.00 application fee*.
  • Application statement. Each program has its own requirement so applicants should refer to the program pages for any prompts
  • Each program has their own reference/evaluation request. Visit the program's website for details.
    • All letters of evaluation/recommendation must come directly from the evaluator. The Office of Graduate Studies will not accept letters submitted by the applicant.
  • Official transcripts from colleges and universities previously attended: Official electronic transcripts must be sent to UW-Green Bay Admissions at directly from the institution that issued the transcript.
    • If you attended less than 9 credits you do not have to send an official transcript unless the courses completed were prerequisites for the program. Study abroad transcripts are not required if a student attended an international University for one or fewer semesters. The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay retains the right to request additional official transcripts from all/or additional postsecondary institutions of higher learning attended by an applicant.

*UW-Green Bay will pay the graduate school application fee for McNair ScholarsTo receive this benefit, request an application fee payment form from your undergraduate McNair Scholars contact or download a copy.

If you are a McNair Scholar, when completing the Universities of Wisconsin application, simply skip the application fee payment section. Completed fee forms should be emailed directly to UW-Green Bay Office of Graduate Studies Graduate or mailed to 2420 Nicolet Drive Green Bay, WI 54311. Once we receive your form, your application will be updated in our system to confirm the payment requirement has been completed.

International Students

If you're an international student, additional documentation is required for admission, like a test of English proficiency.

Find Out More

Graduate Special Students

If you're looking to complete graduate level coursework or earn a certificate, but don't intend to complete a graduate degree, you'll enroll as a graduate special student.

Take a Course

Declining Admission

We completely understand that sometimes plans change for students. If you do need to cancel and decline your admission, you can do so by contacting the Graduate Studies office at or call 920-465-2865.

Claire Jablonski, Master's in Sustainable Management

Just Ask Us

"For anyone on the fence about continuing their education, or about online education, definitely go for it. If you have questions, reach out to the admissions team. They were super helpful for me in answering my questions about the program and the application process."

Claire Jablonski '21
Master's in Sustainable Management

Sarah Denis

We Are Here to Help

If you have questions about admissions, please get in touch with one of our experts, like Sarah Denis, our Graduate Admissions Recruiter.

Contact Us