Guaranteed Transfer

You can begin your education as a freshman at UW-Green Bay, Sheboygan Campus and receive "guaranteed" admission to another UW System institution as a junior by participating in the UW Colleges Guaranteed Transfer Program. After fulfilling certain credit and grade point average requirements, you will transfer with the same rights and privileges as those who begin their education at the four-year institutions.

How to Participate

1. Start taking classes.

Begin as a new freshman at UW-Green Bay, Sheboygan Campus.

2. Apply for Guaranteed Transfer.

Submit a Declaration of Intent to Participate form at any time prior to the start of your sophomore year (thirty credits). 

3. Achieve junior standing.

Complete, with a minimum grade point average of 2.0 (3.2 for UW-Madison for students admitted to UW Colleges beginning in the Spring 2017 semester, 2.8 for students admitted to UW Colleges prior to the spring 2017 semester), the number of credits required for junior status at a four-year institution. You have three academic years from the time of enrolling at UW-Green Bay, Sheboygan Campus in which to complete the minimum credits required. The four-year institution may make exceptions to the required number of credits for those majors/programs for which early transfer is recommended. Please note: some transfer GPAs are calculated using the formula/method of the four-year campus.

  • UW-Madison computes the GPA for transfer students in accordance with UW-Madison's grading practices. Accordingly for any UW Colleges student who repeated a course, both grades are computed in determining the UW-Madison GPA. Thus, the student's UW College GPA could be different from the GPA used by UW-Madison to determine whether the minimum GPA is met.
  • UW-Whitewater computes grade point average for transfer admission based on current Whitewater grading policy. Under this policy, courses may be repeated only if the original grade is C- or lower. Additionally, courses may be repeated only one time; subsequent attempts of F grades will be averaged until the student has passed the course. Also, incomplete grades will be considered as F for purposes of determining grade point average.

4. Apply to a four-year institution.

You must apply to the intended UW four-year institution and must meet the same criteria (e.g., GPA, course requirements, etc.) for admission to specific majors/programs as continuing students. The Guaranteed Transfer Program guarantees admission to the baccalaureate institution only and not to the specific program or major. Please note: UW-Madison has an application deadline for Guaranteed Transfer Program students. For more information visit UW-Madison's transfer agreements page.

Visit UW System's Major Mania websiteto learn about specific programs or majors at UW institutions.

Transfer of Classes

The guarantee of admission applies only to the institution and not to the specific program or major. Your advisor can help you in choosing courses that will best fulfill your needs for transfer.

Transferring to Four-year Institutions

Students will be allowed to participate in the Guaranteed Transfer Program with only one four-year institution. 

Additional Information

You can get more information about transfer through the University of Wisconsin System's transfer website. This website is a useful tool for students at any time in the transfer planning process.