Skip to main content

Non-UWGB Programs

UW-Green Bay students have the option of participating in a program outside of the university if that program fits their academic and personal needs. Academic advising is similar to study abroad advising for these programs, however before you apply to a non-UWGB study abroad program you will need to complete the Non-UWGB Program Checklist.

This form allows students to have courses they plan to take abroad pre-approved by the Registrar so there are no issues with credit transfer after they return. Programs outside of approved UW-Green Bay study abroad or National Student Exchange programs will be entered as transfer credit. After the credit is approved the student will work with their academic advisor to find the equivalencies in their academic programs. Students can use our Academic Advising Agreement or a similar form from your host university to help find equivalencies for courses taken abroad.

A Non-UWGB Program Form must also be completed before you depart. Any forms that need to be signed by a study abroad advisor must be turned into the Office of International Education (OIE). Students must have a submitted checklist on file to be eligible for the WITCO Travel Grant or endorsement of any other scholarships or grants.