Destination: College Success!
Phoenix GPS (Gateways to Phirst Year Success)...
- Gives students the tools to map their course for college success by providing individualized support and guidance that is tailored for each student and in a small group atmosphere.
- Is designed specifically for first generation college students, although all incoming first year students are welcome to apply!
- Is a year-long program for first year students where you will:
- Work closely with a Faculty Mentor who will continue to serve as a mentor throughout your college experience.
- Meet regularly with an Academic Advisor who will help with your academic plan and ensure that you make smart course and major decisions.
- Take a series of small classes with the same cohort of students, and work on fulfilling your general education requirements.
- Participate in special events and opportunities available only to GPS students that are designed to maximize the impact of your college experience.
- Get out onto campus with your GPS team and Peer Mentor and experience all the opportunities available at UWGB.
There is no extra cost to participate in The Phoenix GPS Program!
Applications for the 2015-16 GPS Program are now being accepted!