Referring Students to the Learning Center
We encourage instructors to refer their students to the Learning Center - if you recommend it, they will come! We ask that instructors do not require visits because students are more likely to learn and accept help when they visit of their own accord.
The Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning maintains a list of Student Resources syllabus statements, including one for the Learning Center. Instructors can share the link to the entire resource list, or copy and paste the Learning Center's statement into their syllabus.
Workshops and Class Visits
The Learning Center team can support instructors, staff, and student organizations in group settings. Instructors can request an "Introduction to the Learning Center" to have a member of our team can share information on our resources and how to access them. We also provide a variety of skills-based Academic Skills and Writing Skills Workshops, which are listed below.
Academic Skills Workshops
Academic Success Coaches are available to help students strengthen their academic skills through interactive workshops.
- Anti-Cram Tips (20-30 minutes)
- Note-Taking Skills (20-30 minutes)
- Time Management and Goal Setting (45 minutes)
- Test Taking Tips/Final Exam Preparation Tips (45 minutes)
Writing Skills Workshops
Writing workshops from the Learning Center can help students build their knowledge of the writing process and academic writing genres.
- Introduction to College-Level Writing (30-45 minutes)
- Generative AI and Academic Writing (45 minutes)
- Peer Review Workshop (45+ minutes)
- Revising Essays and Research Papers (45+ minutes)
We are always looking for tutor recommendations for instructors. To become a tutor for the Learning Center, students must:
- Be enrolled in at least 1 credit
- Have earned an AB or better in the subject(s)/course(s) they are tutoring
- Secure a recommendation from the instructor who teaches or taught the course
We also look for professional skills such as good oral and written communication, organizational skills, and learning techniques. Please feel free to recommend a student using the form below. Recommendations are appreciated at any time.