Training to Become an Instructor
The Train-the-Trainer program has been developed to offer another option for individuals without the required background to seek approval as an instructor, based on successful completion of a department-approved Train-the-Trainer program. Individuals who would like to take an approved Train-the-Trainer program can find the contact information under Approved Programs.
Information about becoming an Approved Program to train people to become an Instructor
- Programs who would like to train instructors in a Train-the-Trainer Program must write and submit curriculum that meets the program requirements outlined below. This curriculum must be written in a professional manner related to formatting, spelling, and content.
- The program's primary contact will submit all program and instructor information with payment on the payment link.
- Programs have six months to complete the application process and revisions.
- One online application must be submitted for each currently approved instructor in program after approval of the program.
- If you would like to add a new instructor to your program please e-mail your request to email@example.com.
- Train-the-Trainer curriculum and instructor requirements are available in the following links and should be reviewed prior to application submission.
- Fees for applying can be found on the Frequently Asked Questions Page.
- To apply to:
- become an approved Train-the-Trainer Program
- have qualified Train-the-Trainer Instructors approved for your Program
- Renew Train-the-Trainer Program Approval
- Renew Train-the-Trainer Instructor Approval
- Login or create an account on the Instructor Dashboard
- All approved Train-the-Trainer programs must renew their curriculum per topic area(s) and instructor(s) every three years.
- Each Train-the-Trainer Instructor listed under the program must receive a minimum of nine hours of documented continuing education during the three-year approval period. Continuing education may be related to any of the topical areas of the Train-the-Trainer program.
Submitting a Class Roster-Train-the-Trainer Programs
Submitting a roster is a two-step process. Step one is to complete the form notifying the Training Registry of your planned class. Upon receipt of the information you will be sent a link via e-mail to be used in order to submit your roster to the registry. Save the e-mail until after you have completed facilitating the class.
Complete During and After Class
- On the day of the class, have participants sign in using a printed copy of the class roster template. Download a Train-the-Trainer Class Roster Template.
- Within 10 days of teaching the class, log into the Instructor Dashboard and register the class and its participants.
- Enter each participant’s information.
- Upload a copy of the original roster and submit payment information.
- Participants will be added to the registry within one business day.