Skip to main content

Voter Information

Your Voice

Learn More
Two people vote at a polling station

Exercise Your
Right to Vote

Let's get you to the polls.

Voting in both local, state and federal elections impacts our people and communities. Important issues such as education, healthcare, safety and security, taxes, economic developments and infrastructure are often influenced by our votes. Take time to understand voting eligibility and registration requirements so you can participate in the next election.

How to Vote

Voting Day

Residential students who choose to vote on the UW-Green Bay campus will need to register to vote on Election Day and provide the following information at the polling location:

  1. An approved form of photo ID, which may include a driver’s license, University Voter ID or passport
  2. Proof of current address
  3. Enrollment verification letter
Note: Students who are already registered to vote for their current address will only need to provide an approved photo ID.

Voting on Election Day

The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay is a public polling location. Residential students can vote here rather than traveling home or voting absentee, and other local students can find their polling place in Green Bay.

Read Procedures

Voting Absentee

Registered Wisconsin voters can vote early via mail by requesting an absentee ballot. This option does not involve re-registering to vote.

Request an Absentee Ballot

Upcoming Elections

Feb. 20, 2024Spring Primary
April 2, 2024Spring & Presidential Preference Election
Aug. 13, 2024Partisan Primary
Nov. 5, 2024General Election

Additional Resources

Voting shouldn't be scary. Make sure to check out these helpful resources to make sure you are prepared to participate in upcoming elections.

How Can We Help You?

Let us help answer any questions you have about the voting process and voting on campus. Please direct any general voting questions to the Dean of Students Office and any questions about Voter IDs to the ID Services Office.