Skip to main content


Admission Requirements

  • A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
  • A 3.0 GPA measured on a 4.0 scale for the final two years of study.
  • Applicants who do not meet the 3.0 GPA requirement or who have other deficiencies may be admitted on a provisional basis.
  • International students must submit additional information. Please visit the International Students webpage to learn more.
  • Minimum of two years satisfactory teaching experience preferred

The program has a policy of rolling admissions. Decisions regarding applications will be made up to the start of the semester.

Prerequisite Preparation

Each applicant's prior academic work and experience will be evaluated prior to admission. Applicants are expected to have college-level writing, oral communications, and computer skills. Students who show exceptional promise but lack the minimal prerequisites may be admitted provisionally. Applicants are not required to take the GRE for admission.

Required Application Materials

  • A completed online application form and the current fees
  • A writing sample/letter of application describing principal areas of academic interest, capabilities, experience, and reasons for pursuing the M.S. degree.
  • Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts from previous colleges or universities attended, sent directly to UW-Green Bay from these institutions.
    • If you attended less than 9 credits you do not have to send an official transcript unless the courses completed were pre-requisites for the program. Study abroad transcripts are not required if a student attended an international University for one or fewer semesters. The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay retains the right to request additional official transcripts from all/or additional postsecondary institutions of higher learning attended by an applicant.
  • Please send contact information for three references to

Special Students

Persons holding baccalaureate degrees or higher who wish to enroll in courses but who do not want to pursue a degree may enroll as special students. Graduate credit will be awarded provided that the student registers in graduate level courses as a graduate special student and pays graduate fees.

Application Form