Skip to main content

Request to Review Records

A student has the right to inspect and review the student's education records within 45 days after the day a UW-Green Bay official receives a request for access. A student should submit to the appropriate official, a written request that identifies the record(s) the student wishes to inspect. The school official will make arrangements for access and notify the student of the time and place where the records may be inspected. If the records are not maintained by the school official to whom the request was submitted, that official shall advise the student of the correct official to whom the request should be addressed.

If the student believes the record to be inaccurate, the student has the right to request the amendment of the student's education records that the student believes is inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise in violation of the student's privacy rights under FERPA.

A student who wishes to ask the school to amend a record should write the school official responsible for the record, clearly identify the part of the record the student wants changed, and specify why it should be changed. This process does not apply to grades assigned to a professor. For the grade appeal process go to the undergraduate catalog or graduate catalog.

If the school official decides not to amend the record as requested, the university will notify the student in writing of the decision and the student's right to a hearing regarding the request for amendment. Additional information regarding the hearing procedures will be provided to the student when notified of the right to a hearing.