The Learning Center offers tutoring to UW Green Bay students for languages, writing, and course-specific content. Tutors are undergraduate students who have successfully completed the courses they support, and can help you navigate the content while modeling helpful learning and study strategies. Tutoring is available in-person and virtually, by-appointment and on a drop-in basis.
Course tutoring learning outcomes
- Student tutors will explain content to students using understandable language and other pedagogical techniques and strategies
- By attending content tutoring sessions with student tutors, students will be able to demonstrate improved comprehension of course material and use content and skills to complete work in their courses
- Students will indicate their level of satisfaction with various aspects of their experience in the sessions
How to make an appointment
If you'd like to meet with a tutor, you can make an appointment by using the Navigate Student mobile app or logging into the online platform.
In Navigate, go to the Appointments tab and click "Schedule an Appointment." You'll then select "The Learning Center" and select the type of tutoring support you would like. Find a day and time that works best with your schedule. For virtual appointments, tutors will share a link to a Microsoft Teams or Zoom meeting so you can connect at your appointment start time.
How to cancel an appointment
To cancel a session, go to Appointments in the Navigate menu to find the upcoming appointment you want to cancel. Click View Details on the appointment, and then click the Cancel Appointment button. Please cancel at least two hours in advance. If you are unable to cancel in advance, call the Learning Center front desk at 920-465-2958 and speak to staff or leave a message.
Tutoring PoliciesSeeing a tutor is not a substitute for class attendance and participation. You must be attending class regularly to receive tutoring support. To ensure the Learning Center is able to support as many students as possible:
- You can have one appointment per day of course-specific tutoring, and one appointment per day of writing tutoring
- You can have up to two hours of course-specific tutoring per week, and up to two hours of writing tutoring per week
- Appointments can be made in 30- or 60-minute increments at a time
- Since our resources are limited, your services can be terminated after two "no-shows" or two last-minute cancellations.