COVID-19: See our Phoenix Forward page

Master of Science in Management

Management MS

Student Resources

Frequently Asked Questions

What if I don’t have the six required competency areas?

Students who have not had undergraduate training in the seven competency areas may still be accepted to the program, on a provisional basis.  These students will be required to fulfill these areas within the first two semesters in the program.  Options include but are not limited to registering through UW Green Bay, a local technical college or taking the CLEP examination (see  The program chair can provide additional information.

Can I complete my competency courses and take graduate courses at the same time?

Yes, provided that you meet the prerequisites for the graduate course.  For example, you would not be eligible to enroll in FIN 646 (Advanced Corporate Finance) without first having FIN 343 Corporate Finance or a Basic Business Finance course or an equivalent course.

Can I still be accepted to the program if my GPA is below a 3.0?

If the cumulative undergraduate GPA is below the 3.0 minimum, the reviewers will then look at the gpa of final two years of undergraduate study.  The review committee will examine the file in its entirety and strong references and/or work experience, for example, may compensate for a shortcoming of the gpa.  Applicants with a low gpa may also be admitted on a provisional basis.

Who should I ask for letters of recommendation?  I’ve been out of school for several years.

Letters of recommendations may come from former professors but ultimately, they should come from someone who can attest to the applicant’s academic potential.  This may be a current supervisor, past supervisor or co-worker.

What if I am denied admission?  Is there anything I can do for reconsideration?

If an applicant is denied admission, reasons for the denial are provided along with an explanation of available options.  Students denied admission may request reconsideration by writing to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Graduate Studies.  The request should include a rationale for reconsideration.  Applicants may reapply after the lapse of one semester.

What happens if I take classes as a special student but decide to apply to the program at a later date?

Provided that the student was registered for graduate credit and paid graduate fees, these credits will be applied to the degree requirements at the time of the status change to degree seeking.  Courses must be part of the outlined degree requirements.

Do you offer any on-line classes?

We do not offer any on-line classes at this time.  Options at other universities may be available that you can transfer into this program.  Always check with the program advisor to be certain the credits will be accepted before enrolling in any off-campus course.

I work all day, do you offer evening classes?

Our classes are offered in evening to accommodate the schedules of working adults.  Classes are held one night per week for three hours.

How long will it take me to finish the program?

How long it takes will depend on the number of classes you enroll in per term.  There is a 30 credit degree requirement.  Students can finish as quickly as two years, while others take longer.

How much will it cost?

For updated fee information and payment deadlines, visit the Bursar website at

I have graduate credits from a program I started two years ago.  Will these credits transfer?

It’s possible that these credits may count toward your current degree.  A course description and syllabus must be reviewed by the program advisor before credit will be awarded.  A maximum of 12 credits will be accepted and the credits must be reasonably recent, usually earned within the five years prior to admission to UW Green Bay.

I have worked as a manager for several years.  Can I get credits for any prior work experience?

Transcript credit towards your degree is not awarded for previous work experience.

Are there any graduate assistantship positions available?

Graduate Assistantship positions through this program are not available.  Occasionally, grant awards or individual departments offer assistantships on a temporary basis.  The Graduate Office will notify each student active in the program of any positions, should they arise.

Is there a placement program?

Our program is currently designed for working adults who are typically seeking promotion within their current company.  There is currently not a placement program for our graduates.

If you have further questions please contact the Graduate Studies Office at 920-465-2123 or via email at